Wednesday, July 13, 2011

D-Day

It's finally here...today is our departure day!!  We're feeling really official in our DHMG t-shirts.  I guess we already look the part.  While checking in, a little girl tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I was a missionary.  I was like, "Me? Oh yes...yes of course, that's exactly what I am."  lol.    In all honesty, she probably overhead that our final destination is Kenya, which is a super dead give away.  I have a hunch there aren't too many travelers flying out of Little Rock headed to Kenya.

I've texted a few people from the group, and everyone seems to have the same mixed emotions.  We're definitely excited to have reached the threshold of an extraordinary excursion; however, the reality of our flying time [in economy coach class--no less] is enough for an impatient traveler like me to opt for a rain check.  May God bless those of us with long legs...or just those with legs period.

I'm happy to report that I packed light [considering our destination and the duration of our trip], and was able to get through security without having to check any bags.  Although, I was given a lecture about TSA regulations regarding the amount of bags one can have of 3oz liquids.  FYI: you are only allotted one bag of 3oz liquids.  Who knew??  I'll know better for the next trip.  Luckily, I had a very forgiving TSA rep that let me pass with all of my zip lock freezer bags packed to the hilt with hand sanitizers, mosquito repellent, toiletries, etc.

Gotta run...our flight is getting ready to board.  We hope to be able to give you guys a great front row seat to any and everything that we encounter and/or deem noteworthy.  Get ready...and welcome aboard!

1 comment:

  1. hope you had a safe journey and you say hi to every one at home Adaire i luv you so much imiss you

    ReplyDelete